This is a Paula Deen recipe that I tried for the first time a few years ago. They are sooo yummy!!! Everyone loves them! They are easy, and are the perfect thing to make if you have to take a dessert somewhere. I just recently made them for the fundraiser we helped with for JDRF.
The crust is a shortbread type of crust and the filling is sweet and creamy. Cheesecake in a bar cookie form. I can’t see anyone not liking these…. The ingredients are:
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Cup chopped pecans (I don’t use)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- Fresh berries and mint leaves, for garnish (When I am bringing this desert somewhere I just dust the cookies with powdered sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, pecans (if using), and butter in a bowl. Press dough into an ungreased 13×9″ pan. (it might look like the crust is not going to fit but just keep pressing until the bottom of the pan is covered)
- Bake the crust for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar together in a bowl until smooth, using a handheld electric mixer add eggs and extract, beat well. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into squares, before serving decorate tops with berries or powdered sugar.