I made these Apple Crunch Muffins this morning for breakfast and Oh My Goodness are they good! I can’t believe that this recipe has been lying in my bin of recipes to try for 7 years! Everyone really enjoyed them. They are moist with the perfect amount of apple and cinnamon taste. Not to mention they made my house smell heavenly. I’m so glad I finally tried this recipe and I will definitely be making them again!
The ingredients are:
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 t. Baking Powder
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 1/2 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Shortening (I used butter flavored)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Tart Apples, unpeeled and shredded
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/2 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans (Optional, I did not use)
Mix all together and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until fine crumbs form.
- Combine egg and milk. add to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten. Stir in apples.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. (I was able to fill 11 cups) Sprinkle with crunch topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with butter.