We had a get together Friday night with some family and friends and as always we had lots of yummy food to eat. I’m going to share a couple of the recipes that we had that night with you. First off, the Pumpkin Bars. This was a favorite of the night. These bars are the moistest cake like bars I have ever had. The perfect pumpkin taste with a thin layer of yummy cream cheese frosting. This is the perfect dessert to make if you have to serve a lot of people, as it makes a large sheet cake. The ingredients are:
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 t. Baking powder
- 1 t. Baking soda
- 2 t. Cinnamon
- 1 Cup oil
- 1 Can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 stick Butter (softened)
- 1 T. Milk
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 18×12″ sheet cake pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add the oil, pumpkin, and eggs and mix until all combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and then frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add milk and vanilla and mix,
- Then add powdered sugar and combine until smooth.
(Note: If you don’t have an 18×12″ sheet pan you can use a 15×10″ pan and then increase baking time to 20 minutes. It will turn out more like a sheet cake than bars but it will still be delicious.)