I had some family over the other night for a mini thanksgiving dinner. We aren’t going to be able to see each other on Thanksgiving so we decided to get together a little early and have a nice meal together. I didn’t want to make a whole turkey so I decided to try this recipe from the Food Net. for Roasted Turkey Breast with Peach Rosemary Glaze. I’m not going to lie I was a little nervous. Turkey is so touchy, and you definitely don’t want to be the one who made the Turkey leather for dinner…… I’m happy to say that my turkey breast turned out perfect! It was moist and the flavor was perfect! Everyone loved it! Brining the breast made the flavor great and it wasn’t just the outer seasoned bites that were good, every bite had great flavor. It was moist and the peach chutney like glaze was delicious. Even my Aunt who was questioning the peach and onion combo was very pleased. I think that if you have a small group for Thanksgiving this would be the perfect Turkey recipe for you. For us it served 5 adults and 5 kids and we still had leftovers!
The ingredients are:
- 2 Cups apple cider, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup salt, plus more for turkey
- 3 to 5 sprigs thyme
- 3 sprigs rosemary plus 1 teaspoon chopped
- 1 (3 3/4-pound) boneless turkey breast with skin (I used a skinless turkey breast that I got from Costco)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for turkey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10 oz.) bag frozen peeled and sliced peaches, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups apple cider, salt, thyme and rosemary. Add turkey breast and enough water to cover the bird. Cover and let brine in the refrigerator 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small saucepan, saute onions in oil until softened. Add peaches, honey, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons apple cider. Bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook until peaches break down and glaze thickens, about 12 minutes.
- Remove turkey from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Brush with oil and season with pepper. Place turkey in a roasting pan. Cook 15 minutes until skin begins to turn golden.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and brush the top generously with the glaze. Continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 45 minutes. Let the turkey rest at least 10 minutes. Its temperature will continue to rise.