I thought it would be fun to throw our very own muffin contest this morning! So I chose 3 new, never tried before recipes for muffins and we all voted on which one we liked the best. Both kids thought that these Poppy Seed Pound Cake Muffins were the best! My husband and I couldn’t decide between these and the Tropical Muffins ( I’ll post that recipe next). One thing was for sure ,we were all in agreement that these poppy-seed muffins were delicious! They are moist with the perfect amount of sweet and vanilla taste. They would make the perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch. I’ll spare everyone the third muffin recipe that no one voted for. I got the recipe for these muffins in my cookbook Taste of Home 30-Minute Cookbook.
The ingredients for Poppy Seed Pound Cake Muffins are:
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) plain yogurt, (I used greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add yogurt and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until muffins test done. (It took me about 18 minutes).
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Yield: 1 dozen