I was looking through my Taste of Home 30-Minute Cookbook when I came across this recipe for Coconut Macaroons. We love Coconut Macaroons (well 3 out of 4 of us do, my daughter is not a fan). These cookies were said to have won a first place ribbon at a county fair and I can see why. They were perfectly crisp around the edges and soft and chewy in the middle, with a sweet coconut vanilla taste! Not to mention they were super easy to make! The only thing I would do differently next time would be to double the recipe. There definitely was not enough for my family. I had to hide some so that my son could have some when he got home from school.
The ingredients are:
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Note: the recipe says that it makes 1-1/2 dozen cookies. I made my cookies a little bigger and only got 9 cookies and increased the baking time to 20-22 minutes.