This recipe for Bruschetta Chicken is very good and very easy to make. I got the recipe out of my cookbook Taste of Home’s Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2006. The tomato, basil and garlic bruschetta topping really make this dish delicious and give it a real fresh taste. I served the chicken over buttered noodles and sprinkled parmesan cheese over the top. The family loved this and declared it a hit!
The ingredients are:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour, then in eggs; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Loosely cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until top is browned.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the chicken. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through.