I was looking for something to make for breakfast when I came across this recipe in an old Taste of Home magazine. This is an old-fashioned recipe said to be more than 70 years old. These Breakfast Buns are similar to a scone and are very good! Even the kids and husband who complained at first that there were raisins in them, loved them. I served them warm with butter.
The ingredients are:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins (I only used a 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar and baking powder; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Add raisins. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over buns.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.
Yield: 16 servings.